POSITION TITLE: Driver (1 position)
REPORTS TO: HR & Administration Manager
LOCATION: Zanzibar zonal Office
OVERALL, JOB FUNCTION:
The primary responsibility of this role is to operate T-MARC vehicles while maintaining their safety and condition of the vehicle to support administrative and programmatic activities of USAID Kijana Nahodha project.
- Drive T-MARC programme vehicles as directed and providing safe and efficient transportation.
- Deliver parcels, letters and other relevant items to offices and businesses as appropriate.
- Drive long distance with or without T-MARC staff when required and adhere with the rules and regulation.
- Ensure that the vehicle is always clean and in good order and all the documentation e.g., insurance is up to date.
- Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, waters, and tire pressures.
- Provide information and other general assistance to the organisation staff and its visitors.
- Maintain record in logbook of trips performed; makes timely reports of accidents, incidents, and unusual occurrences.
- Ensure necessary steps are taken as required by rules and regulations in case of involvement in an accident.
- Abide to all T-MARC rules and regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- The candidate should hold a valid and clean class “B” and “D” or more driving licence.
- The candidate must possess a driving certificate from VETA or NIT
- Must be a holder of Ordinary level Secondary education.
- Must have not less than 5 years working experience driving 4wheel drive station wagons.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance with safety driving skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to drive long distance safely and efficiently to the remote areas of Tanzania will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
- The candidate should be fluent in both English and Swahili
- Computer literacy is an added advantage.
- Dependable and punctual with strong work ethics
How to Apply
All applications must be received by 22nd October 2023. The subject line must mention the position applied for. Send resume/CV, certificates, and cover letter as ONE PDF document to.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
T-MARC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. T-MARC provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.