Please read the following information about the procurement policies and procedures at T-MARC Tanzania.
- T-MARC Tanzania will hire only established and responsible vendors who possess the potential to deliver products and services under the terms and conditions of the proposed procurement.
- T-MARC will take into account a vendor’s integrity, record of past performance, financial and technical resources, and ability to access other needed resources.
- T-MARC maintains a system for vendor administration to ensure vendors conform to terms, conditions and specifications of the procurement and to ensure adequate and timely follow up of all purchases.
- T-MARC will evaluate vendor performance and document, as appropriate, whether they have met the terms, conditions and specifications of the procurement requirements.
Bid Opening & Evaluation
- Bids will be opened after the submission deadline. Bidders may attend the opening ceremony.
- All bids will be evaluated against pre-determined criteria that are developed to measure -how well each bid delivers the required product or service specifications.
- Evaluation criteria are set forth in the tender documents (RFP) so that bidders are made aware of them and can focus their bids accordingly.
- Selection of vendors is based on price, quality, functionality and service or other factors contained in the evaluation criterion.
- VAT exemptions require approximately 2 to 3 weeks to process.
- The approval process involves the vendor, T-MARC, the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoHSW) and the Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA).
- We advise vendors to plan accordingly and take into account the above timeframe when obtaining VAT exemptions.
For more information please contact procurement(at)tmarc.or(dot)tz.